Friday 30 August 2013

Tester session

I had a short tester session at a water that I have not fished for a while the other evening. It's a venue that I am saving until it gets a bit cooler and is less busy. The lake and its occupants is one that I am very familiar with and in recent times has received a fair bit of attention from Carp anglers. The upshot of this is that due to the increase in the amount of bait going into the lake, the fish are putting on decent weight gains and the water looks set to produce some good fish. My short tester session was with my eldest son and we fished for a few hours in the evening. Shortly before dusk I had a pick up from a Carp and after a fairly protracted and tense fight I scooped up this stunning fully scaled mirror weighing 24lb 2oz.

 
 
 
 
This is a very good weight for this fish, especially at this time of year and she looks set to become a very big fish in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment