Friday 12 July 2013

Stinking hot July Carping !

July, and it's stinking hot. Not my favourite time of year and not a great time to re immerse myself into Carp fishing ! However I have been doing a bit on a local water and with some immediate success. I've been fishing just mornings for a few hours while it's still relatively cool and the sun isn't too high. Once it is too high of course the Carp just bob up to the surface like corks and have no interest in feeding, then it's time for me to leave. One of my short sessions yesterday was quite busy and I landed four Carp all in double figures in a short space of time. Three of the fish were commons to around eighteen pounds and I also had this nice looking Mirror of just over Eighteen pounds as well.

 
 
 
 
Tactics for this lake are very standard fair I'm afraid due to the large number of silverfish present, 18mm Boilies fished over a scattering of the same keeps the Carp coming and the silvers at bay most of the time ! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment