Sunday 18 March 2012

1st try...but with a bonus.

As realistically expected the first try at the special water was a blank. The weather didn't help with the tactics I decided to use. For the mobile stalking approach to work the fish have to be actively visiting the margins, which probably at some point when it was warmer earlier last week they were, but with overcast, wet, and cooler conditions yesterday they certainly were not. My two companions tried the static sit and wait tactics with bolt rigs, but neither of them fared any better, and there were no signs of activity from the fish throughout the day.
Nothing more than expected, but time spent by the water is never wasted, and there is always something to learn, especially when approaching a new venue. I like the look and feel of this lake, and it somehow seems 'familiar' to me already as it is much like some of the lakes here on the Island I have fished before. As a bonus to the three day sessions we are undertaking, my friends and I have managed to secure some winter fishing on this lake, so we have much to look forward to come the end of the season in the salt this year. I have not been really 'into' my Carp fishing for a long time now, but I feel that this lake and it's stock may well help me find some of the satisfaction and enjoyment I used to gain from Carp fishing. So that's for later in the year and something for me to prepare for later in the year. Two more day sessions coming up when hopefully the weather will be on our side, and then we plan to begin our 'assault'  on the Salt !

No comments:

Post a Comment